DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 1967.
- It is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Goa University.
- Department has received NBA Accreditation 3 years w.e.f. 27-07-2006, 2 years w.e.f. 06-08-2014 and Academic Year 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25, i.e., upto 30-06-2025.
- The Department offers a full-fledged Under-Graduate program in Mechanical Engineering.
- It offers 3-years Post Graduate part-time program in Industrial Engineering, affiliated to Goa University.
- It is recognised as a PhD research centre in 2014.
- The department is well equipped with spacious lecture halls, seminar hall, laboratories, computer centre, and a full-fledged workshop.
- The Department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty with active research involvement.
- The Department has a student association MESA which organises various national level technical competitions, workshops, seminars.
- The IIIE-Goa Chapter and ISHRAE students chapter are actively involved in organising and participating in various international & national level technical events.
- This department owing to its state-of- art Infrastructure, Experienced Teachers, Effective teaching – learning process and Good placement record attracts the Cream of the State.
Impart high quality knowledge & skills to students in the field of mechanical engineering, encourage research, industry based projects leading to consultancy & nurture human values and life skills
- M1: Impart knowledge and skill based training in mechanical engineering and allied fields
- M2: Promote research and industry based projects
- M3: Inculcate leadership qualities, human values, concern for environment and society
- M4: Nurture innovation, entrepreneurship and resource management skills